USA.- The Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) third-party certification program recently launched a video that walks BAP endorsers and suppliers through its supply chain transparency technology.
More than 150 retailers, foodservice operators and seafood suppliers worldwide are publicly committed to sourcing seafood responsibly from BAP-certified facilities. As a BAP endorser, companies have access free of charge to BAP’s supply chain transparency technology, which provides them with visibility into their supply chains. The video launched this week walks users through the supply chain transparency technology used by BAP to display customer data.
With this software, there are six tabs used to display a company’s supply chain data, as explained in the video:
– Summary: This tab shows all of the data for the customer’s supply chain, which includes all species and suppliers.
– Supply Chain: This tab breaks out supply chains by unique volumes and shared supplier volumes. It allows you to click on a specific supplier and view all of the facilities in its supply chain.
– Metric Ton by Plant: This tab lists each processing plant in the customer’s supply chain and the production capacity of each.
– Metric Ton by Farm: This tab lists each two-star-plus processing plant along with its linked farms in the supply chain. It’s important because it helps to identify gaps in the supply chain by showing production capacity versus projected ship volumes.
– Non-Conformities: This tab shows all of the non-conformities that were addressed in the most recent BAP audit. It’s important to note that BAP requires that all non-conformities are addressed to become certified.
– Farm Capacity by Country: The sixth and final tab shows BAP-certified farm production capacity by country as identified by the customer’s suppliers.
To view the video, visit the BAP youtube channel. If you’re interested in becoming a BAP endorser or have questions about the supply chain transparency process, please contact Chris Trosin, VP of BAP business development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.